Here I am on our second night in Siesta Key Florida. We had a long day yesterday. In true Santa Rita style we got to the airport 2 hours early, which ultimately was good because I certainly was not up for any running. We got subs at
Quiznos and were the first ones on the plane. Daniel was able to get a business class upgrade for only $69 dollars so we were able to sit together. Aside from a slightly jarring incident when I bashed my head on the overhead compartment and was accosted by an overly friendly steward who caused a bit of a scene trying to help me, the plane ride went very smoothly. We got our rental car and drove 30 minutes to our condo on Siesta Key. We haven't taken any siestas yet, but it's been very relaxing. Today we went to Turtle beach which is right across the street from out condo. It was in the 90's today and the water in the gulf was above 80 degrees. After swimming in the gulf we came back, swam in the pool, and went to an early dinner at turtles restaurant. We are hoping to get to the Mote Aquarium at the end of the week or maybe go on one of their boat tours. The aquarium is small but they say it is possible to see manatees, dolphins and loggerhead turtles on the boat tours.
Dinner at Turtles Restaurant

I know, Pete
Doherty called. He wants his hat back.
Haha. If only I were that cool.

Daniel, just c
hillin'. Despite my best efforts he did get slightly sunburned on his back but nothing major. (He has become rather obstinate about my attempts to cover him in SPF 100 so I've relaxed a bit) We brought enough sunscreen to cover an entire family of fair-skinned children perhaps contributing to the 8lbs excess weight in our luggage. We were not too happy when the taciturn counter clerk told us we had to pay $40 for 8 extra pounds.

In the kitchen getting our morning coffee

View of the lagoon from our room

Sunset on the first night
1 comment:
It looks beautiful and relaxing there! I hope you have a wonderful time!
Post a Comment