Friday, December 7, 2007

Talk to the animals....

I just watched a documentary on animal planet about a retired South African Park ranger, Tonie, who rescued a baby hippo and raised it on his farm. He was trying to mate it with a wild hippo who was eventually shot by neighboring farmers. When this happened, Tonie said "This is why I prefer animals to humans. God made a mistake when he created man." I don't know if God makes such big mistakes, but I often feel the same way. Animals are generally better. What can I say? I'm South African.

I would like a hippo, but I don't think he'd like the snow.

Watch this brief snippet of a wild hippo who opens the door to Tonie's house and eats at the kitchen table! Tonie's wife talks to the hippo and she actually obeys like a house pet! Incredible.

Jessica the Hippo (Video)

Hippo Story

No comments: